The Tasting Room in
Historic Downtown Yakima
5 N Front Street, Suite 100
Yakima, WA 98901
(509) 249-9049 x2
TEMPORARILY CLOSED. STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES.
We’re pleased to learn that Washington State is taking strong measures against fighting COVID-19 in our country. For now, we are encouraging our customers to stay home, stay safe and buy wine online! Our tasting room will be temporarily closed during this time of “sheltering in place.” You can still place wine orders to be delivered locally or shipped (restrictions apply).
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
Visit the Winery
This destination winery is the perfect setting for a wine tasting (by appointment), wedding or concert. At the ranch, you can breathe in the view of vineyards, orchards, and lavender, all located just 20 minutes west of downtown Yakima. Gilbert Cellars Winery is home to our family-owned winery, our barrel room–The Cave, and our lawn style live music venue–The Amphitheater. Located just west of Yakima, on The Hackett Ranch, the land was purchased from the Hackett family in 1920 by the Gilberts, who believe in the farmer’s lore that it is good luck to keep the original ranch name.
Tastings & Tours:
Book The Gilbert Cellars Winery Experience
We invite you to enjoy a scheduled winery tour and tasting of selected wines. You’ll learn about our wines, winemaking philosophy and enjoy a quiet afternoon among our farmland and vineyards, away from the crowds.
Tours are available April through September and reservations are required with 48 hours notice via phone or email. Due to our busy summer event schedule, walk-ins cannot be accommodated. Our tasting room at 5 N. Front St. is open seven days a week–we encourage you to visit downtown on a whim!
- Two-nine guests: $25 ticket per person, due at reservation. Refundable with a three-bottle minimum purchase.
- 10-40 guests: $15 ticket per person. Refundable with a three-bottle minimum purchase. Perfect for large group wine tastings or corporate team-building.
- You are welcome to bring a picnic
When the setting sun casts pink shadows on the Ahtanum Ridge, our geological wonder to the south, there is no place more magical.
and Special Events
We host a multitude of special events each year, including our Music in the Vines concert series, Spring Barrel Tasting, and Catch the Crush. Subscribe to our e-newsletter to get invited! Our event calendar is always being updated.
Directions to Gilbert Cellars Winery from the downtown Tasting Room
- Head West on Yakima Avenue
- Turn Left on 3rd Avenue (3 Miles)
- Turn Right on Ahtanum Road (6.7 Miles)
- Turn Right onto Draper Road (387ft)
- Look for large wooden sign that says “The Hackett Ranch”
- Look for directional signage on the gravel road.
- Park north of the Farmhouse.